13 April 2015

This time of year

Every year, that is every year since 2007, I almost fall apart between April and May.
Our family lost Yellow Granny 8 years ago. Then just a few weeks later, I made the ultimate decision to walk away from the strained relationship with my father. He's met John once. The last time he saw Caysen was the day we buried granny. He has never and will never meet our Littles. I've not spoken to nor seen him since May 2007. 

Emotionally, I'm empty and tired. I have tried to convince myself that I'm ok with him not being in my life. I've tried to convince myself that it doesn't hurt. But, it does hurt. It hurts a lot.

I'm still broken from all of it. Today, I'm declaring healing. To move forward in peace and forgiveness. It's not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment